I’ve been having a really huge crazing for some salsa, but hate buying the store stuff. It has all types of preservatives and random stuff in it, so I decided to make my own. I came up with this randomly. It tastes fantastic and I would definitely use it at a party or as a snack. It’s good as a side dish with lunch or dinner too.
1 red or green pepper
1 or 2 jalapenos (1 for mild, 2 for hot)
6 to 8 vine ripe tomatoes
6 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
1/2 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
2 Tbsp Himalayan pink salt (or any salt to taste). Pink salt is weaker than regular table salt. Add less with table or sea salt.
1 Tbsp turmeric
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp granulated garlic
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp lime juice
Any chip of your choice and some sour cream if desired.
- Grab a medium sized bowl, a cutting board, and a good knife for chopping. For the tomatoes, you want to use a knife with ridges. A smooth knife will be hard to chop tomatoes with.
- Chop the tomatoes and peppers into small squares. Core the peppers to get rid of the seeds and white parts. You want the juice and seeds from the tomatoes, so add those to the bowl. Don’t worry about chopping perfect squares; all that matters is you get them to about less than half an inch. Add to the bowl.
- Core and chop the jalapenos into small pieces. Remember, jalapenos are hot! Wear gloves or wash your hands thoroughly after cutting. Add to the bowl.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic and fresh basil. Add to the bowl.
- Add right into the bowl the black pepper, turmeric, granulated garlic, cayenne pepper, olive oil, and lime juice.
- Add salt, mix everything well, pressing down with a large spoon to get the juice out of the tomatoes. Taste and add additional salt if desired.
- Dip your chip of choice right in and enjoy!!!
Hint: Dip the chip in sour cream first and then the salsa. It tastes delicious!